Frizziness in hair is caused by dry hair that has very low moisture content. The three major culprits of hair frizziness are friction, dryness, and damage, Frizz is mostly caused by the raised cuticle layer. Because dry hair lacks the natural oils that help the cuticle layer to become smoother and give the hair a healthy shine.
This is because dry hair tries to absorb moisture from the air, causing the cuticle or outer layer of each hair to puff up rather than lie flat. If the cuticle is flat, the hair looks smooth. The cuticle is made up of overlapping scales that get separated and rise in the wet or humid air. This is the cause of frizzy hair men and woman.
Frizzy Hair Men
Frizzy hair is common in women and just as likely as men also have frizzy hair. Having frizzy hair is a common issue that most men face if they have long hair, wavy or curly hair. Curly hairs are more susceptible to have frizz or drying out of hair.
If men keep their hair very short, at some point men can deal with frizz. In men, frizz is caused due to humid, dry, and hot weather. If one has dry hair then he is going to face frizziness because dry hair absorbs moisture from the air.
Frizzy hair in men is also caused due to excessive washing and using products that dry hair. Some products that are manufactured for men’s hair, actually dry out their hair and causes frizz in men even worse. The very first step in getting rid of frizz is to learn more about what is causing it. Some hairstylists say that dry frizzy hair men also be caused due to some unexpected things like using hot water.
What Causes Frizzy Hair in Men
Everyone wonders why is my hair frizzy? Some main causes of frizz are:
- Weather: The first factor of frizzy hair is the weather. Weather causes frizzy hair. Hot and humid weather causes your hair to absorb moisture and swell. Swelling results in frizzy hair and bending irregularly.
- Sun Exposure: Frizz is also caused due to exposure to Ultraviolet rays that are emitted by the sun. Direct exposure to Ultraviolet rays is harmful for hair. It can cause brittleness and frizz.
- Excessive Shampooing: Excessive shampooing causes frizzy hair. Natural oil of hair can be stripped out of hair by excessive shampooing, leaving hair dry and frizzy.
- Skipping Conditioner: Conditioners make hair smooth and silky.
- Chlorinated Water: Swimming pools have chlorine in water, that chlorinated water dries out hair and make them frizzy and rough.
- Use of Heating Tools: Regular use of blow-dryer and straighteners can damage hair and contribute in frizz.
- Friction: Friction damages the cuticle of the hair and its inner layers. Friction is produced by rubbing your hair roughly with a towel or wearing tight hats, scarfs, etc.
- Health problems. Eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa, cause malnutrition, leaving your hair brittle and dry. Thyroid problems are also the cause of dryness, as well as a variety of other health conditions, also can cause dryness.
Treatment of Frizzy Hair Men
How to fix frizzy hair is an important question.
- Shampooing Frequency: Washing hair with shampoo frequently is one of the major causes of frizzy hair. These products contain chemicals (like paraben, alcohol) that strip natural oils from hair and scalp. But of course, washing it too little is cause your scalp to look flat and increase in size. In order to reduce frizz, try to wash your hair only when it feels oily.
- Use the Right Shampoo & Conditioner: To avoid frizzy hair finding the shampoo that suits your scalp is important. In a hair care routine both shampoo and conditioner play a crucial role. The right combination of shampoo and conditioner can help in cleaning hair and moisturize it as well.
- Use Hair Serums: Hair serums are silicone-based products that cover the hair and keep hair safe from damage. Serums help against frizz as they prevent swelling and helps hair to retain moisture.
- Hair Oils: Hair oil avoid frizz by keeping hair moist.
- Hair Masks: To avoid frizz hair a mask can be used as they contain ingredients that keep your hair moist and nourished.
How to Prevent Frizzy Hair Men
- Avoid frequent use of shampoo: Try to shampoo hairs when it feels oily.
- Avoid Overheating your hair: Don’t use hot water to wash hairs instead use lukewarm or cool water and if you have frizzy hair reduce the use of heating tools like straightener and blow-dryer.
- Cover your hair while swimming: Try to cover hair while swimming as chlorinated water causes frizz.
- Get regular trims: By trimming often you can avoid further damage and also the appearance of frizz.
- Go natural: Avoid using any hair product that contain chemicals.
- Use a hair protectant spray: Using hair protectant spray can prevent from getting frizzy and achieving healthy hair.
- Use Leave-in conditioner: Leave in conditioner are type of conditioner that does not require any washing. You can apply leave-in conditioner any time when you feel dryness in hair.
- Eat a balanced and nutritious diet: Lack of nutrition is also not good for hairs. If you avoid any nutrient deficiency it can help you maintain your hair healthily. Biotin and proteins are crucial nutrients in the development of hair.
These are some important things that you need to know about how to manage frizzy hair men. To get rid of frizzy hair men these are some basic tips. This, to-do list helps you to retain your natural hair health. Take care of your hair, and enjoy the good hair days.